What is ergonomics? Ergonomics is an applied science concerned with designing and arranging things people use so that the people and things interact most efficiently and safely. More simply, it is a science on how to keep your body happy and healthy.
We want you to have a happy and healthy body too when you are using your iPad or laptop at home! Here are a few tips for everyone!
- Posture: It’s important that they sit up in their chairs with the soles of their feet resting naturally on the ground. A chair with good back support will help support this. The annoyance of sitting up upright will save you years of pain down the line.
- Screens: Computer screens should always remain about an arm’s distance away, and should be kept at such a height that your neck strains neither up nor down. A good laptop or tablet stand can help you achieve the right position.
- Lighting: Ensure your schoolwork spaces are always amply lit and away from any windows or lamps that can create glare. Maybe reposition the lamp.
- Sound: It’s important to limit the volume so that it is no more than 60 percent of the maximum allowed. Alternatively, use child-friendly headphones, which do this limiting automatically.
- Check out this fun video on how to be ergonomic for different people!