Lexia Core5 Reading is used by CDS Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade students.
Starting Out In Lexia:
- Open the Lexia Core5 app or go to lexiacore5.com//register when first logging in via a browser
- Students must log-in daily with full Google email and password*
- After first log-in students are prompted to enter their teacher’s email
- Students will be prompted to verify their name
- First time users are also asked to complete the Auto Placement. Note: Placement takes approx. 10-20-minutes to complete. It’s important that students have good audio quality (ideally, using headphones) or by working in a quiet area free of distractions
- Please note that for most students Lexia is designed to be used for no more than approximately 15-minutes each day. Students are logged out after 15-20 minutes of use.
More about the student experience of Lexia:
- Based on Auto Placement scores students are placed at or above grade in Levels 1-21. (Note: Students never know what “grade level” they’re at, only what “Level #” they’re at.)
- Lexia content is labeled and organized in the following descending order: 1. Levels, 2. Activities, 3. Units, and 4. Items
- As students begin a Level they choose from 1 of 2 warm-up videos that review concepts in their last Level
- As students begin a new Level they see a dashboard with four details: 1. Current Level; 2. Usage Goal (in minutes); 3. Minutes Worked thus far; and, 4. number of Units Completed.
- Inside each Level are six kinds of Activities represented by colored circles on screen: 1. phonological awareness; 2. phonics; 3. vocabulary; 4. comprehension; 5. structural analysis, and, 6. fluency. Students can choose to pursue these in any order but will have to complete all prior to advancing to the next Level
- As students complete Activities they earn skill badges and are shown brief “reward animations”
- Colored on-screen indicators show how students are progressing: blue is for Guided Practice step; yellow for Instruction Step; green for Standard Step.
- Key on-screen navigation buttons include: Repeat, Volume, Directions and Exit
For more information and support please view Lexia’s family support guide.